I am 32 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby…a boy! We are so thrilled to meet this little guy in a little less than 2 months! Time has gone by so quickly this pregnancy…mostly because I am running around with the other three kids all the time! I remember when I was pregnant with my first child and how it seemed as if I would be pregnant FOREVER! Now, I realize I only have 8 weeks till this little one makes his debut! I am dedicating the next several weeks to preparing for his upcoming arrival! 🙂
You can read about the birth of my first three children here. My first two children were born by induction, and I had an epidural for both. I definitely wasn’t very “prepared” for my first two…I think the extent of my preparedness was watching a dvd from amazon called “Laugh and Learn about Childbirth”. Looking back, I laugh, and realize it was not helpful at all!
My third baby was my unmedicated, prepared, and natural birth. What a huge difference it was to give birth without any induction or intervention! I spent the entire pregnancy preparing for what I wanted to achieve.
Now that I am getting closer to when my baby will be born, I am started to think about the items I will bring to the hospital and how I will use these next 8 weeks to prepare my body to give birth without intervention again. Really though, I started preparing for natural labor and delivery when I first became pregnant.
What I am doing:
- Eating Dates (you can read my post here about why they help with labor!)
- Drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea (it strengthens the uterus and makes for more efficient contractions!)
- Staying hydrated (I aim for about 75-80 ounces of water per day)
- Visiting the Chiropractor for an adjustment every 2 weeks. I want my body to be aligned for labor and delivery!
- Reading the Word of God. He is my strength!
- Breathing techniques. I have learned some great relaxation/breathing techniques from my holistic doctor. He recommends that I practice three times per day.
- Reviewing hypnobirthing techniques that I used when I had my third baby.
What’s in my hospital bag?
- hospital gown (of my choosing!)…I like this one from Amazon
- essential oils (SO excited to use essential oils during labor!) I am bringing Lavender, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Peace & Calming blend, Gentle Babies blend, and Valor.
- essential oil diffuser
- relaxing music (I prefer ocean sounds)
- Yoga pants, nursing tank, and a comfy pair of socks for after delivery!
- Dead Sea Magnesium Spray to boost my magnesium levels ( I have been using this one all throughout my pregnancy)
- Earth Mama Angel Baby New Mama Spray
- Honey Sticks for a boost of energy during labor
- Coconut Water for hydration (in addition to regular water!)
- Gluten Free protein bars or Gluten Free bites (these are delicious!)
- Camera, Video Camera, Cell Phone Charger
How did you prepare for labor and delivery? Any items you would recommend? I would love to hear your birth story and any recommendations you have!
This post contains affiliate links